Apr 2, 2024

On the Move

 Knowing that geese would be on the move, I drove down to White Rock dam yesterday to see some Canada and Cackling Geese hanging around Mud Lake with a few species of duck (Mallard, Ring-necked, Redhead, Green-winged Teal and Hooded Merganser) mixed in. It wasn't long before a few large flocks of Greater White-fronted Geese passed over. I checked the other side of the dam where a noisy congregation of male Red-winged Blackbirds filled a tree and a few robins perched and sang, then made a couple stops on SD-127 before turning back.


Today I went down to the park for the ten thousandth time (probably not far off). I didn't see any kinglets like I was hoping to, but I did get to watch several goose species fly over in massive flocks.



Back home, I laid down in the grass to get some shots of the juncos and chickadees.




Hoping to get some more duck and sparrow species down at the park over the next few weeks.