Jul 22, 2023

Commoners

As summer moves to its speediest stretch, I'm trying to be more active in my birding again. This morning I decided to go down to the park. My first goal was to photograph the tree swallows, but I was only seeing barn swallows. I then had the idea of going to the bridge to photograph some cliff swallows, but it seems they too are off on migration. I snagged some shots of the rock pigeons hanging around before turning around.


Walking back through the park, I happened across a pair of downy woodpeckers in some nearby trees and a hunting green heron across one of the ponds.






Guess I forgot how short the breeding season can be for some swallows. Well, it was a nice walk, and I'm happy with the pictures I got along the way. Only a few weeks remain in my summer break, but my biggest trip of the summer is coming up soon.